Thinking of going to university?
- Careers Advice and Guidance can help you
- research university choices
- help with your application to university courses and personal statements
- research entrance requirements
- improve your interview technique
- research career pathways.
Find out more about university
Websites and events are a great way to find out more and college careers advisers are available to help you
- UCAS website www.ucas.com
- university websites
- open days
- subject-specific events
- Greater Merseyside Higher Education Conference
- Careers Advice & Guidance – drop in or book in to see us for advice and guidance on progression to your degree and career options.
After you have applied
Careers Advice & Guidance can help you with:
- Interview preparation
- Applicant visits
- Student Finance
- Applicant TRACK
- UCAS Extra (from February – June)
- 15 October: Deadline for applications for Oxford, Cambridge or any course in medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine/science
- 15 January: Deadline for applications for all other courses (some exceptions check course details)
- 24 March: some Art and Design courses.
Speak to your personal tutor about your specific deadline – College can set earlier deadlines to ensure forms can be processed in time for January deadline (there are over 2,000 applications to UCAS each year).
Come and see us today – don’t leave your form until the last minute – degree courses can fill up quickly!
Drop in or make an appointment from October at the following centres for help, advice and guidance on your application.
- Call – 0151 252 3000 and ask for Careers Advice & Guidance
- Drop in – Learning Exchange, Roscoe Street, L1 9DW
- Drop in – Vauxhall Road, L3 6BN