Types of Bus Passes
There are two types of bus travel pass:
Travel Policy 2016/17
- All students must pay a £20 contribution per term towards their pass.
- All students’ attendance must be 90% or above to qualify for a new termly pass.
- Students must live 2 miles (by land transport) from their main centre.
- Students on a full time programme can be supported with an Arriva bus pass (North West area), Stagecoach or a rail card (to be used only on Merseyrail Electrics).
19+ and 24+ Loan
- Students must live 2 miles (by land transport) from their main centre. Students household income must be £25,000 or below.
- Students who attend college 3 days per week can be supported with an Arriva bus pass (North West area), Stagecoach or a rail card (to be used only on Merseyrail Electrics).
- Five day return: Students must wait 5 days to see if the bus company returns the pass but if the student wants a replacement straight away they can purchase one. If the pass is returned to the college after they pay for a replacement they can complete a refund form to claim their money back.
- Arriva/Stagecoach Lost bus pass: Students must pay £45 for a replacement.
- Stolen bus pass: A police report (not a crime reference number) must be provided for the student to have their pass replaced at no cost. The report is to be stapled to their travel form for audit purposes.
- Soiled/damaged bus pass: The College will replace all soiled/damaged passes free of charge but we must have the pass to return to the travel company.
- Rail passes: If a student loses their rail pass then they will pay £30 for a replacement. £20 to the college and £10 to the rail company.