Learning Difficulty, Physical Disability and Personal Care
We support a wide range of needs, including:
- Support for learning difficulties/physical disabilities/medical conditions
- Support for Autism, Aspergers, ADHD and other learning difficulties
A highly experienced team of learning support practitioners are here to meet the needs of students with a range of learning difficulties. They support learning across the curriculum and help students to develop their confidence and skills. All students receive an assessment of need which identifies the support required for each individual.
Learning support practitioners work closely with tutors to make sure students have every opportunity to succeed. Support may be given on a one to one basis or within a small group. Support could include:
- assessments to help understand your learning support needs
- in-class support, both in theory and practical classes
- adaptations to equipment i.e. tracker ball
- help with taking notes
- explanation and help to understand work and instructions from tutors
- support to help raise self-esteem and confidence
- access arrangements for exams, e.g. extra time
- guidance to tutors on supporting learners with learning difficulties.