Dyslexia / Specific Learning Difference Support
“The City of Liverpool College has achieved the quality mark from the British Dyslexia Association [BDA] in recognition of its dyslexia friendly practice and commitment to Inclusive learning for all.” (BDA)
We are proud to have gained the quality mark from the British Dyslexia Association and to be a “Dyslexia Friendly” college.
The team is qualified in a range of specialist assessment and teaching methods. The overall aim is to assist students to fully utilise and develop their skills, self-esteem and independence.
Support could include:
- An individual support appointment
- Screening assessments to identify learning support needs
- One-to-one tuition with specialist tutors in Dyslexia/SpLD
- Study skills group support sessions
- Access arrangements for examinations e.g. extra time
- Assessment for visual stress and/or referral to specialist optometrists
- Support for self-esteem issues and referral to the college counselling team
- Support to arrange assessments for students entering higher education
- Liaison with university support teams.